Saturday, July 24, 2010

Mexican chocolate "Que Sopresa" cookies

I'm baking a new cookie now, and I just sampled. So far, so good: I do want more immediately.
I was going to make vegan poop nuggets (the name really caught on in our household), but the bananas I have in the house aren't ripe enough for smooshing. I glanced around, "What to smoosh?" How about... an avocado? Que Sopresa!

2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
4 tsp cocoa powder
2 tsp cinnamon

1 large, ripe avocado, smooshed (or 1 1/2 little ones)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp rice milk
2 dashes habanero sauce (another surprise)

about 1/8 cup coconut flakes
1/3 cup chocolate chips

I had to use my hands to mix these. I formed balls o' cookie dough and baked them for 16 minutes at 325.

No comments: