Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Chocolate chip cookies made with vanilla soy yogurt

A little weird, but good, too. The dough was sticky and felt very much like bread. This will need some adjustments, but I don't feel bad feeding them to people at a get-together tonight. I kind of can't believe how low-fat and relatively healthy they must be.

2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
a little less than 1 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup rolled oats
1 tsp cinnamon

1 single serving container of vanilla soy yogurt
a little less than 1/2 cup sugar
a little less than 1/2 cup brown sugar
1 Tbsp vanilla
a splash of almond milk

1/2 package of chocolate chips

I cooked these at 325 for about 16 minutes. I tried the first batch at 350, but the edges got dark a little too quickly for my taste. (I formed the cookies with my hands for the first batch, but they were so sticky, there's kind of a hedgehog look going on. Cute, but hard on the roof of the mouth. For the other batches, I used spoons to shape the cookies.)

No comments: