Tuesday, May 18, 2010

What to read after "Riding with Reindeer"?

I finished Bob Goldstein's "Riding with Reindeer," and enjoyed it throughout. His light tone, epic bike ride, and fascination with Finland and its history kept me happy for the whole ride. It also made me really appreciate our Seattle summers-- Finland's summer storms sound awful!
Now I'm super-excited for our slide show and signing with Bob on Friday. I think I'll have to serve some donuts in honor of Bob's appreciation for Finland's gas stations' breakfast treats.

I started Sebastian Faulks' "A Week in December." After 15 pages, I knew it wasn't the right time to read this; my mind was drifting, and I couldn't keep track of the characters I was meeting. Jenni Fortune, the London Tube driver, is the only one who piqued my interest. I'll try it again later.

In contrast, I picked up a copy of "The Bolter" by Frances Osborne at my lunch break, and I almost couldn't bear to put it down when it was time to go back to work. Now I'm trying to figure out how much work from home I need to do before I let myself read a chapter. Reading treat, here I come!

No comments: